The 2018 LSAY survey will be closing soon, so get in quick!
The LSAY survey is like a puzzle – without all the pieces, it’s hard to get a complete picture. That’s where you come in. Complete your survey now and you’ll go in the draw for your chance to WIN a Coles Group & Myer Gift Card worth $100.
There are at least 40 gift cards up for grabs. See Your questions answered for more information.
Update your details
So we can keep in touch, please let us know if your contact details change.
You'll need your LSAY ID, which you'll find in the letter or email we sent you.
You may also choose to update your details using any of the following methods:
- Email email@example.com (please provide your LSAY ID)
- Call 1800 241 271 (toll free for most mobiles)
- Fill out the reply paid form on the bottom of the letter we sent you and post it back to our survey conductors, Wallis. You may wish to place it in an envelope to keep your personal details hidden. You won’t need to use a stamp, just copy the reply paid address onto the envelope.
Your privacy is important to us. See our Privacy Notice for more information.
Can you spot a fib?
Take a minute to explore the LSAY data while testing your fact-finding skills by playing our Fib or Fact game.
LSAY is an initiative of the Australian Government Department of Education and Training and follows young Australians over a 10-year period as they transition through school to further study, work and beyond. If your child has been chosen to take part they will be contacted once a year, for 10 years to complete a 20 minute survey. They will be contacted by phone and asked to share information about their current education, work and social development status. Alternatively, they can complete each survey online.
The information collected as part of the survey can help to improve education outcomes, provide better training and essential work skills, and create more positive and meaningful lives for future generations. Information collected remains anonymous at all times, and participant contact details are kept private and confidential by Wallis Strategic Market & Social Research, an accredited research organisation. The use of data is restricted to research purposes only and is not to be used for commercial or financial gain. Detailed data can only be accessed via the Australian Data Archive (ADA) and requires authorisation from the ADA National Manager.
LSAY has helped organisations:
- provide more tailored career information and assistance
- give greater insight into the impact of working and studying on students
- provide a basis on how not-for-profit organisations can help young Australians from lower socioeconomic backgrounds.
By sparing just a few moments each year to share what's been happening in their life, your child could make a real impact on the future of education, training and work in Australia. And as their parent or caregiver, your encouragement is vital. So if your child is chosen to participate make sure you show your support.
For more information see About LSAY.