The data collected from the 2017 interviews for the Y09 cohort are now available. Data from the new LSAY 2015 cohort (Y15) are also available and includes information from the first LSAY interview in 2016 (wave 2) as well as data collected as part of the OECD’s Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA) in 2015 (wave 1).
The Y95, Y98, Y03 and Y06 cohorts have all completed the survey program. Data for these completed cohorts are available from the first through to the final survey wave (at age 25).
You can subscribe
LSAY confidentialised unit record files are deposited with the Australian Data Archive (ADA) at the Australian National University. Access to the data is free via a formal request and registration process managed by the ADA.
The data can be accessed by:
- Registering with the ADA Dataverse.
- Navigate to LSAY Dataverse
- Select ‘Sign Up’ from the top left corner and complete the Dataverse registration form. You will need to validate you email address for your registration to be accepted by Dataverse.
- You can explore your Dataverse account by selecting your user name and heading to ‘My Data’, ‘Notifications’ or ‘Account Information’.
- Requesting access to the LSAY datasets.
- Navigate to LSAY Dataverse and login to your ADA Dataverse account.
- Navigate to the LSAY cohort you want to access from the list of datasets. Note: If you want access to multiple cohorts at one time you can select this option when filling out the online application form.
- Scroll down to the data files, select the file type/s you wish to access. Click on ‘Request Access’ and complete the online application form. NCVER will provide access to the nominated dataset/s only if the individual requesting access undertakes to comply with the terms and conditions outlined in the user undertaking.
- A notification email will be sent to you from the ADA.
- If your request is approved, you will be able to download the requested files via the LSAY Dataverse.
Data tools provide quick and easy access to summary LSAY data so users can readily explore results from the LSAY surveys. Resources to help you understand and use the data are also available. More information can be found on the Data page.
Make a specific data request
A specific data request allows you to ask for specific tables and/or data analysis to be undertaken by the National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER) without the need for you to obtain full sets of data. A specific data request can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
There are fees and charges applicable for all data requests. Please refer to NCVER’s data access and charges policy for more information.