The website can be navigated via the following:
- The top menu bar contains links to the main sections of the website.
- The four panels on the home page provide access to the four main areas of Longitudinal Surveys of Australian Youth (LSAY) information.
- The left hand sub-navigation bar on each page (other than the home page) contains the pages related to that specific section of the website.
- The breadcrumb trail shows the position of the current page in the formal menu hierarchy, with links to previous pages in the pathway from the home page.
- A sitemap is available from each web page which provides a hierarchical list of all the pages on the website.
The search this site function allows you to search the contents of the entire web site. If you are searching for publications, use Search for LSAY publications.
The home page banner, header and footer appear on all pages.
The ability for users to select the size of the text (small, medium large) on the screen is available via the user's browser by selecting 'View' on the menu bar followed by 'Text size'.
Each page contains a link to Adobe reader. The site also has an inbuilt print template so that pages automatically get printed in a printer friendly format.
The site has been delivered in appropriate and consistent terminology to make it easy to find required information.
Accessing LSAY publications
The Publications section of the LSAY website contains all documents published as part of the LSAY program, including newsletters and calendars published for the LSAY survey participants.
The documents are classified into four series types:
- Research reports
- Briefing papers
- Technical papers
- Cohort reports
There are two ways to find documents:
- Searching for publications
- Browsing through the navigation menu
The Search for LSAY publications page lets you search for publications by title, author, series number, ISSN/ISBN, description and type.
For a quick search, select 'any of', 'all' or 'phrase' from the drop down menu, enter the search term(s) and click the search button.
|any of ||= ||search for documents that contain at least one of the terms entered |
|all of ||= ||search for documents that contain every term entered |
|phrase ||= ||search for terms entered as a phrase |
To search for a specific document by its series type and number, enter the series number in the search field, select the series type from the 'and type is' drop down menu and click on the Search button.
Example: to search for research report number 51
The left hand navigation menu in the Publications section lets you browse or access documents by type.